Re: Phragmites Australis

Bill,

I hope these web sites help.

http://tncweeds.ucdavis.edu/esadocs/documnts/phraaus.pdf
[Phragmites australis (Common Reed)]

http://131.104.114.8/wwwboard/bb17mess/21.htm
[Re: Phragmites control]

http://www.city.virginia-beach.va.us/cityhall/planning/phrag.html
[The Southern Watersheds Common Reed Project]

http://www.thecompass.com/8TB/pages/News9802Restoration.html
[Eight Towns and the Bay: Salt Marsh Restoration]

http://massbay.mit.edu/exoticspecies/conference/abstract6.html#Holt
[BIRD USE OF PHRAGMITES AUSTRALIS IN COASTAL MARSHES
                   OF NORTHERN MASSACHUSETTS]

*****************************

Bill-
One of our employees has approached me with a concern about phragmites
australis, a giant weed which is overtaking some of the prairie and
other land around here.  He'd like to start an awareness campaign and
would also be interested in any thoughts or information you have on how
this is being controlled and ecologically managed elsewhere.  Perhaps
your friends in the environmental community would have some good input
here.  Thanks.

Jeff

Art L. Coleman, Jr., Ohio EPA
Lazarus Government Center
122 South Front Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Division of Hazardous Waste Management,
Technical Support Unit
Send Mail To:
Ohio EPA
P.O. Box 1049
Columbus, Ohio 43216-1049
art.coleman@epa.state.oh.us
http://www.epa.ohio.gov
http://pages.prodigy.net/lfairban/artcole.htm
(my bookmark "homepage"---> links on mercury,
mercury lamps/devices, computer and computer
equipment, dry-cell batteries, appliances, etc.)

                            IIIIIII
                             _  _
                         (   O O  )
             [___   OHIO  EPA   ___]