Request about chemicals data

Everyone,

A colleague of mine is interested in basic information about chemical
usage.  See message below. I suggested that folks on this alias could help
her. If you have any information please let her know.

Also, some of you may be interested in her recent publication:
"Technology Forces at Work: Profiles of Environmental Research and
Development at Dupont, Intel, Monsanto, and Xerox." It is available on the
web at: http://www.rand.org/publications/MR/MR1068/.

Thanks for the help.

Beth Lachman
PS She is not on the p2-tech alias so please be sure to e-mail her directly.

>Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:24:33 -0600
>To: Beth_Lachman@dcmail.rand.org
>From: Susan Resetar <susanr@rand.org>
>Subject: P2Tech request on chemicals
>
>I am trying to pull together a table on the numbers and types of chemicals
>in use (preferably worldwide) for a project for the US Council on
>Environmental Quality.  I am most interested on the rate of introduction of
>new chemicals for the categories that make sense.  The table
>below is a notional example of what I had in mind.
>
>                   Numbers    Pounds     Number Newly Registered
>                    in Use     in Use     in the last 5 years*
>                     by         by            by country
>                    country    country
>Substance
>Organic chemicals
>  drugs
>  other
>Inorganic chemicals
>Food additives
>Pesticides
>  biopesticides
>Cosmetics
>Etc.
>* in the last year and then the last 5 years.
>
>Do you have or know of any reports or reference materials that might be
>useful for pulling this together?    Your assistance is most appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Susan Resetar
>
>_______________________________________
>Susan Resetar
>RAND
>1333 H St, NW
>Washington, DC  20005-4707
>_______________________________________
>phone     215.362.0523
>voicemail 202.296.5000 ext. 5604
>fax       202.296.7960
>email     susanr@rand.org

E-mail: Beth_Lachman@rand.org
Phone: 202-296-5000 ext. 5279
FAX: 202-296-7960
On-line Report: "Linking Sustainable Community Activities to Pollution
Prevention: A Sourcebook" at http://www.rand.org/publications/MR/MR855/.