WA Small Business Statistics

Here are outcome statistics for two of our industrial sector projects.  We
obtained these statistics by re-visiting a representative number of shops
after providing on-site technical assistance.

The  "Shop Sweeps" campaign focused on vehicle maintenance shops.  The
visits were non-enforcement technical assistance visits that provided P2 and
compliance information.   "ShopSweeps" results:
82% of shops adopted changes
61% of all recommendations adopted
82% retained informational materials
59% gave visits a high rating
67% felt visits more effective than inspections

The "Snapshots" campaign focused on facilities conducting photoprocessing
and printing:
75% of shops adopted changes
51% of all recommendations adopted
83% learned useful compliance information
54% learned useful P2 information
77% kept informational booklet
96% felt this approach should be used in future

"As a man begins to live more seriously within, he begins to live more
simply without."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Judy Kennedy
Washington State Dept. of Ecology (http://www.wa.gov/ecology)