Solvent for vinyl

Background
I'm working with a company that makes foam floatation devices such as
life jackets and small key chain floats.  The foam is coated by dipping it
in a vat of dissolved vinyl.  The vinyl coating is made by dissolving
powdered vinyl into a mixture of xylene, toluene, and MEK.  The
company uses these chemicals in large volumes which results in over
200 tons of emissions.

Question
Does anyone know of an alternative solvent for vinyl that is not a HAP
or VOC (at least less hazardous).  The company has tried a couple of
different products but have not found an alternative that results in the
quality coating they need.  I would like to provide them a list of different
solvents to experiment with.  I have not had any luck using SAGE to find
information.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

David Edge
Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission
DEDGE@TNRCC.STATE.TX.US
(512)239-1779