RE: Solvent for vinyl

I don't know the thermal properties of the foam or the vinyl but if the foam
can survive the heat required to cure a powder coating this may be a viable
alternative.  I know that powder coatings are formulated for many
applications although I think all require some elevated temperature to cure.
You may want to contact a powder coating supplier to get specifics.

Dale H. Francke
Pratt & Whitney   M/S 717-03
P.O. Box 109600
W. Palm Beach,  FL  33410-9600