Re: 2,2,4 trimethylpentane (Isopar C) - usage and health & safety information

2,2,4-trimethylpentane is in gasoline -- sometimes as much as 10% of gas is
2,2,4-trimethylpentane.  Unless things have changed...

HSDB says that besides the uses Mike mentioned, it's a chemical
intermediary.  I don't think it's produced in amounts much over a million
pounds a year, and the amount found in gasoline would dwarf this production
quantity.

Kirsten Sinclair Rosselot, P.E.
Process Profiles
P.O. Box 8264