From: wjw5@psu.edu [mailto:wjw5@psu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 5:36 PM
To: weisz@ecitele.com
Cc: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Re: Tree to Paper equivalent

Teodor-

A researcher at Penn State just published an article about the sustainable
practices of the University. He equated the average 90 pounds of office
paper each student consumes annually to a plot of forest that is 55 feet
per side or 3025 square feet. Not sure what the assumptions are as to how
many trees per acre or the size of the trees, but this should be useful to
you none-the-less.

wjw/

wjw5@psu.edu

Warren J. Weaver