Re: wood mfg. water recycling question

Peteer-

I agree with Pio. In addition, if dissolved contaminants are limited to
tannic acid, you might check to see if there is a market for concentrated
tannic acid. Then a technology to remove it intact would provide them with
a useful by-product, the sale of which would offset the cost of operating
the system (or increase their profit).

wjw/

>From: PioLom@aol.com
>Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 12:02:06 EDT
>Subject: Re: wood mfg. water recycling question
>To: pcrawfor@vtc.vsc.edu, p2tech@great-lakes.net
>Sender: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net
>
>Peter
>
>Best answered after the water is characterized (quality and quantity), their
>quality requirements stated and value of water (heat and water/sewer charges)
>stated.  After that appropriate technologies can be determined and budgetary
>costs developed to determine if it makes economic sense.
>
>Best Regards,
>

>Pio Lombardo, P.E.
>
>Lombardo Associates, Inc.
>Environmental Engineers/Consultants