Re: P2 Cinema

Subject:  Re: P2 Cinema

Soylent Green - 70s future sci-fi look at over-population and cities.
Pretty funny, too.

From: Marlyn Aguilar - SHWB <maguilar@eha.health.state.hi.us> on 09/09/99
      01:36 AM GMT

Please respond to Marlyn Aguilar - SHWB <maguilar@eha.health.state.hi.us>

To:   p2tech@great-lakes.net, WRPPN P2 Listserv <siegel@ittn.org>
cc:    (bcc: Benjamin Smith)
Subject:  P2 Cinema

Sorry for the interruption of your work day....
Kindly take a few minutes to read this request for assistance.
Marlyn and Carrie are planning an intense series of P2 events for P2
Week 1999 in Hawaii.  To complement the technical sessions, we're also
offering P2 Cinema, featuring real P2 videos (brief in nature) and
then some selection of waste min or catastrophic type films.
We want to lure people to a social event, but preface the films with
P2 info.
Have any suggestions for P2-esque films?
We've considered:
Planet of the Apes
Mad Max
A Civil Action
Waterworld
etc....
Since we're soooooooooo young, we might have missed some of the
earlier classics.
We will also showcase sitcoms that have a P2 message, such as the
Seinfeld episode where a gift is "regifted" (the title of the episode
is the Label Maker).  So if you have any ideas on sitcoms with a P2
message, we'd appreciate it.
Any other ideas??
Thanks in advance!
Marlyn Aguilar