Re: cafeteria china

Wendy,
I just finsihed 6 waste audits for VT state cafeterias, most of whom
were on mostly plastic/styrofoam.  We recommended they look into
composting.  Green Mountain Technologies new "Earthtub", self
contained, insulated composter, able to handle up to 400 lbs./day of
organics @ round $6500 ea., (@ www.gmt-organic.com), makes
on-site year-round composting more feasible.  Either paper,
durables (with magnetic flatware retrievers for organics containers)
or even corn starch cutlery (Biocorp @ www.biocorpusa.com) are
options.  Most of these options are unfortunately more expensive
than disposables, but if a company can justify them for other
reasons, are well worth the investment (side they can use compost
on grounds as well).  I have more info. if you want it.