question-VOC Control - Refrigeration versus thermal oxidation -Reply

What are the VOC compounds you are trying to control and what is
the acid?  (Does PPM acid mean parts per million of acid or is PPM
an abbreviation of a chemical name?)

>>> List Manager <listman@wmrc.uiuc.edu> 09/28/99 10:51am >>>
Hello all.

I received this question directly; I thought that you might help
answer.
Please reply directly to the person.

Thanks.
Juna
To: listman@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu
Subject: VOC Control - Refrigeration versus thermal oxidation

I have a VOC stream containing some moisture and PPM acid. We
have
experience with sending this relatively low flow, high concentration
VOC
stream to a thermal oxidizer for 95%+ destruction. I am looking for
information on high efficiency refrigeration / cryogenic condensation
units
that can handle moisture and a slightly corrosive VOC stream. this
would
allow recovery of a useful process stream. Any experience with
these types
of units?

Joann Cortese, CHMM
*: (610) 344-2133