RE: latex in wastewater

Has the manufacturing company tried any P2 methods to reduce/eliminate the
excess latex?  Without knowing the process a couple of items come to mind;
	1) reducing the amount of latex applied so there is less/no excess,
	2) Improving the application method to generate less/no excess,
	3) removing what excess there is with minimal water and reusing the
water in the makeup of the next latex coating mix.

Once the latex waste has been minimized then you can determine (with the
POTW) if the waste stream needs to be pretreated.  If it does you can work
with water treating companies such as Nalco, Betz, Culligan, etc. to get an
additive mix which will let the latex settle out.  Micro and ultrafiltration
is probably another good technology although I don't have direct experience
with it.

Sounds like an interesting challenge.  Good luck.

Dale H. Francke
Pratt & Whitney   M/S 717-03
P.O. Box 109600
W. Palm Beach,  FL  33410-9600