RE: Carbon Black

Scott --- I've done some work for a company that manufactured carbon black
and I learned that most carbon black plants feed off-spec product back into
the process.  For the quantities you're talking about that may be the best
route, especially if this byproduct doesn't meet established commercial
specifications.  There are not many carbon black plants so it may be a long
way to the closest one.  Transportation may outweigh the product value cuz
even on-spec carbon black sells for about 40 cents a pound.  If your
anywhere near southwest Kansas or Ohio I can put you in touch with some
plants.

Mike Heaney
NC Division of Pollution Prevention &
Environmental Assistance