reusable sandblasting material

Last week I visited the very impressive Quimica Fluor plant in
Matamoros, Mexico.  A lot of their solid wastes come from painting
operations (removing old paint and repainting it) and I promised I would
send them some info on reusable sandblasting material.  Are there any
materials that work out better than others?  I know that reusable beads were
getting a lot of attention a few years ago but I don't know whether or not
they turned out to be reasonable in the long run.  Thanks so much.

Kirsten Sinclair Rosselot, P.E.
Process Profiles
P.O. Box 8264
Calabasas, CA 91372-8264