ChemAlliance Needs Your Feedback

Those of you who have subscribed to P2TECH for a long time know that
I don't ask for favors very often.  Well, this is one of those times....

Besides, if you deal with the chemical industry, you'll be helping yourself
as well.....

Thanks in advance,
Scott ("Clueless in Seattle") Butner

CHEMALLIANCE WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU

Do you provide technical or regulatory compliance assistance to
chemical manufacturers, blenders, storage facilities, or transporters?  If
you do, ChemAlliance wants to hear from you!

ChemAlliance (www.chemalliance.org) is an online Compliance
Assistance Center, established specifically to assist the chemical
manufacturing industry (and the technical assistance providers who
work with the industry) to better understand the regulations and
environmental strategies which are critical to their business success.
We provide original articles, frequent news updates on matters
affecting the industry, and a directory of online resources of benefit to
environmental managers and others with the responsibility for
environmental management.  We provide this service free of charge
via our web site and online discussion list, as well as by automated
fax-back service.  We were recently chosen by the editors of the Dow
Jones Business Directory (http://bd.dowjones.com) as a "Select Site" for
the chemicals industry, for providing exceptional value to users.

But improvement is always possible.  So, as part of our continuous
improvement process, we are collecting feedback from users and
prospective users of ChemAlliance.  As members of the technical
assistance community, we are asking you to complete an on-line
survey located at http://www.chemalliance.org/survey99/index.asp.
Completing the survey takes just a few minutes, and can be done
anonymously.  The input collected from this survey will help us
continue to refine the site, and will help us evaluate our effectiveness.

At ChemAlliance, we are committed to using feedback from our users
to improve the site.  Informal feedback collected through our first year
of operation has already been put to use in improving the site.  For
example, over the next few months, we will be significantly increasing
the amount of pollution prevention information which is available
through our site, by adding a pollution prevention case study and BMP
database to our popular "Virtual Plant Tour" feature.  We have recently
expanded our chemical industry news collection network, and will
continue to add links to valuable compliance, EMS and pollution
prevention resources to our site.  The information you provide through
this online survey will help us make the site even better.   If you have
any questions or comments about ChemAlliance, or about the survey, I
would welcome your calls or e-mails.  If you know of someone who
may be interested in the site, I hope you'll pass this e-mail along.

ABOUT CHEMALLIANCE

ChemAlliance was established under the EPA's Office of Enforcement
and Compliance Assurance CAC Program (the same folks who
brought you sector-specific compliance assistance sites for the
printing, automotive, metal finishing, local government, agricultural and
PWB sectors).  Information about the OECA program (and a list of
links to all of the sector-specific Compliance Centers) is available at
http://es.epa.gov/oeca/mfcac.html.  ChemAlliance began operations in
October 1998, with close cooperation from key industry trade
associations including the Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturers
Association (SOCMA), the National Association of Chemical
Distributors (NACD) and the Chemical Manufacturers Association
(CMA).

ChemAlliance is strictly an online resource.  We do not provide direct
on-site technical assistance, believing that role to be best served by local
assistance providers and/or private sector providers.  Instead, we support
the industry by providing improved access to online information and tools
which can be used to improve environmental performance while benefiting the
bottom line.

ChemAlliance is operated by staff from Michigan Technological
University, the University of Wisconsin, and Pacific Northwest National
Laboratory.  ChemAlliance was made possible in large part due to
funding provided by the  US Environmental Protection Agency under
assistance agreement CX825919-01-1.

Scott Butner (butner@battelle.org)
Technical Director, ChemAlliance
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory