over population problems

Doug et al,
The Union of Concerned Scientists also has a very nice webpage at:
http://www.ucsusa.org/.
They have an excellent game to play with your coworkers or kids
(complete with an "enviro-meter) which shows how our everyday
choices affect the environment. I highly recommend the "Great Green
Web Game."
They also have a book out on the subject, which quantifies (oh no, not
measurement!!) the personal choices we make every day and their
affects.  The book is called The Consumer's Guide to Effective
Environmental Choices. I have attached a file of the top five things
they recommended, with some editorialization, that we used for P2
Week.

Lin K Hill
NHPPP
603-271-2902