From: Kelly Moran <kmoran@tdcenvironmental.com>
To: p2tech <p2tech@great-lakes.net>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 1999 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: Cremation or burial? -Reply

While I hate to add to this much too long chain, I have to post a
correction to the misconception that "there is not much mercury in
dental fillings any more".  That's simply not true.  Depending on the
data source, I have seen estimates that 40 to 70% of fillings placed are
amalgam fillings.  The basic mercury content of such fillings has not
changed significantly.  Here in the San Francisco Bay area, we recently
discovered that emissions of mercury from crematoria may be one of the
most significant sources of current mercury release to San Francisco Bay
(for which there is a health alert for consumption of certain fish due
to elevated mercury levels).  There is a way to prevent these mercury
emissions, but no one wants to talk about it.
Kelly Moran
TDC Environmental
www.tdcenvironmental.com