From:  Thomas Vinson[SMTP:TVINSON@tnrcc.state.tx.us]
Sent:  Friday, October 15, 1999 2:40 PM
To:  p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject:  Meta-search Engines -Reply

My favorite is http://dogpile.com/ which actually compiles several
search engines.  Some are index or catalogue based however it
uses...
http://www.metafind.com/
http://www.directhit.com/
http://webcrawler.com/
which search metadata.  I find what I need on web crawler more
than any of the other meta search engines.  It is particularly good
at finding obscure things and does an amazing good job of
filtering out irrelevant links.

Thomas Vinson
Pollution Prevention and Industry Assistance
MC-112
PO Box 13087
Austin, TX 78753

512 239 3182
tvinson@tnrcc.state.tx.us

>>> sanjay gupta <sanjay17963@yahoo.com> 10/14/99
11:53pm >>>

Hello All,

I am looking for some very good "Meta-search Engines
(MSEs)". Your help in this regard is solicited.

At present I am using following MSEs:

(1) Mamma; [http://www.mamma.com]
(2) Metacrawler; [http://www.metacrawler.com]
(3) Search; and [http://search.metafind.com]

These are required at SDNP-India programme where my
role in my job is as a "Search Engine", to locate
the net items related to "Sustainable Development".

Thanking you in advance,

With best regards,

Yours sincerely,

sanjay gupta
information scientist
Sustainable Development Networking Programme -
India
Ministry of Environment and Forests
Room No. 1023, 10th Floor,
Paryavaran Bhawan