Environmental costs of laser v. copier copies

Hey guys,

I had someone make a statement recently to me about using a
laser printer to make copies rather than going to a photocopy
machine to make the copies.

This got me to thinking as which is the better environmental choice-
in terms of copies per toner cartridge, copier toner cartridges do
cost more-in order to respond to this.

Since most us do not have laser  photocopy machines, intuitively, I
see the laser printers as costing more-less copies per toner
cartridge.

Any data available???

Thanks.

Kirsten