Re: RE: Cremation or burial? -Reply

That sounds like the best idea yet, except for the realization that everyone else would want the same thing--consider the overpopulation issue!  What about burial in ultra fast-acting biodegradable caskets and the return of the corpse to the earth, through the natural biodegradation process, hopefully enriching the area and completing the recycling process?

Maxine Richey, OPPTD, HQ-25
Cal-EPA, DTSC
400 P Street  P.O. Box 806
Sacramento, CA  95812-0806
(916) 445-2926
FAX:  (916) 327-4494
email     mrichey@dtsc.ca.gov

>>> "Butner, Robert S" <butner@battelle.org> 10/14/99 01:54PM >>>
I think we're all forgetting our roots in prevention.  I personally plan on
simply living forever, and avoiding the disposal issue altogether.

Scott Butner (butner@battelle.org)
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
4500 Sandpoint Way, Seattle WA   98105
(206)-528-3290 voice/(206)-528-3552 fax
http://www.chemalliance.org/

P.S. -- yes, I'm aware of the lifecycle impact implications.  Some of the
details of my plan still need a bit of work.