Re: Polypropylene LCA

Tim,

Stonyfield Farm ( if they're not the food processor in question!) has investigated different kinds of lids for packaging their yogurt.  They were featured in a WasteWise teleconference in June, 1998.  You can read more about their packaging at:

http://www.stonyfield.com/earth/packaging.htm

For the P2 tech crowd, Stonyfield includes environmental messages on all of their yogurt lids.  My favorite so far is, "Think more. Use less.  Start now." with a link to Earth Communications Office web site.

And they make great yogurt!

Andrea Futrell
Ohio EPA, Office of Pollution Prevention
PO Box 1049
Columbus, OH  43216-1049
phone  614-644-2813
fax  614-644-2807
andrea.futrell@epa.state.oh.us
www.epa.state.oh.us/opp

Center for Sustainable Production for a food processing company.

We are looking for recent LCA-type data on food-grade polypropylene
containers (e.g. yoghurt cups and margerine containers).

Does anyone know of documents or persons we should contact?

Thanks,

Tim Greiner
Tim Greiner
Greiner Environmental