RE: Box Recycling Odors

Paul,

I'm guessing, but I would suspect they have a lot of bio growth going on in
that tank.  Sulfates could be breaking down to release hydrogen sulfide
under anaerobic conditions. Keeping the tank aerated might help but this
will promote the growth of aerobic bugs. Dosing with hydrogen peroxide
should kill all the bugs but the high organic content may make this
expensive. They might look into a combination of peroxide and UV to kill the
bugs followed by settling and filtration. I believe potassium permanganate
may also be used in place of peroxide.

Mike.callahan@jacobs.com