Re: hospital disinfectants

It is also better to look for disinfectants that
are mercury free as well. One company I have learned about is SafeScience out
of Boston. ( http://www.safesci.com ). They sell cleaning products that are
safe both for the environment and the individual. I have tried them (samples)
and they work.

Laurie J. Tenace
Project Coordinator
Mercury Waste Management in Hospitals
Hazardous Waste Management
Phone (direct): (850) 921-9221
Phone (switchboard): (850) 488-0300
Fax: (850) 414-0414
Email: Laurie.Tenace@dep.state.fl.us
Mailing Address:
Laurie Tenace MS 4555
2600 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee, FL  32399-2400

*I have read that "Quaternary amine" disinfectants are recommended as
*alternatives to "Phenolic" disinfectants for hospitals.   I am looking
*for the names of specific products that contain "Quaternary amines".  It
*would also be helpful to have the names of the specific "Quaternary
*amines" that could be listed as ingredients on product labels or MSDS
*sheets.  Thank you!
*-Tracy Wyhlidko, Pretreatment Coordinator, City of Eureka, California
*4301 Hilfiker Lane, Eureka, CA  95503, Tel: (707) 441-4362, Fax: (707)
*441-4366
*email: pretre@tidepool.com