Oil filter disposal

To P2Tech listserv:

Hi.  I'm a consultant with the New England Army Reserve and am working on
ways to reduce our hazardous waste stream.  Currently, we crush used oil
filters and dispose of them as hazardous waste.  Does anyone know of a
technology or piece of equipment that separates the metal from the filters
(to be cleaned and disposed of a scrap metal) and the contaminated filter
material?  Any ideas or sources would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Christy

Christine Edmonson
Diversified Technology Consultants
94th Reserve Support Command