Formalin Treatment Systems

P2 Techs -

I'm looking into alternative source control measures and treatment
systems for a hospital that has a 1,000 gpd sanitary sewer discharge
which contains about 4 mg/l of formalin.

In the hospital we are looking for sources of the chemical, and are
diverting them away from the sewer.  In parallel, we are looking for
alternative treatment units to remove the formalin at the site's
sanitary sewer discharge point.

My questions are these:

	What technologies have you seen for removing formalin from
	wastewater?

	Do you have any technology vendors to suggest?

Thanks for any ideas you can provide.

Regards,

Thomas Barron, PE
Civil Engineer