Habit or Tradition?

P2TECH'ers --

Some things about the holidays (eggnog, mistletoe, "A Charlie Brown
Christmas") are holiday traditions.

Some things about the holidays (fruitcake, crowded parking lots, and
"Garfield's Christmas Special") are merely holiday habits.

The difference, I maintain, is that we seek out and embrace the traditions,
while the habits are thrust upon us.

Though I fear that this falls more into the category of habit than
tradition, but in any case I have succumbed to popular demand**
by posting the (graphically embellished) "P2 Night Before Christmas" at the
ChemAlliance site (www.chemalliance.org) for those
who feel that the holiday season would be much more jolly if it only had
more acronyms......

Merry Christmas.

Scott Butner (butner@battelle.org)
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
4500 Sandpoint Way, Seattle WA   98105
(206)-528-3290 voice/(206)-528-3552 fax
http://www.chemalliance.org/

** to be exact -- two requests -- but I have a low threshold so it doesn't
take much prompting.