Vendors Role in P2 Training

Burt:

I think what you have drafted is a responsible summary of the situation as
it now stands.  The list of action items is also accurate, in my opinion.
However, I am not sure that my problem definition would focus on program
managers and the policies they implement.  I believe that most program
managers, or anyone who delivers a training or conference, tries hard to
reflect the needs and desires of their audience in their decisions.  I also
believe that most audiences or participants simply do not like being "sold
to", however qualified the presenter or categorical and even-handed the
message.  I think this perception-as-reality, however based it may or may
not be in truth, is what is driving the problem you are addressing.

In addition to what you have outlined, I would like to hear what creative
solutions exist for distilling vendor messages so they can be delivered by
non-vendors.

Terry Foecke, Managing Partner
Materials Productivity LLC
1821 University Avenue, Suite S-219