From: William Bilkovich <bilko@electro-net.com>
To: Kelly Moran <kmoran@tdcenvironmental.com>; p2tech
<p2tech@great-lakes.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 1999 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: Cremation or burial? -Reply

When I was younger, I was fascinated by Coleoptera.  Road kill was a great
place to watch the succession of life as the body decomposed.  Every night
after school (in warm weather) I would bike out to my latest find to see
what beetles had shown up.  I have always wanted to follow the same path in
death as those dogs, racoons, and possums of my youth.   Just drop me in the
woods and let the bugs have at me.
But what's the relative impact?  Does anyone know the annual biomass of
roadkill in the US?  It may be comparable to human deaths.  (For example,
the State of Michigan reports that there are 50,000 deer/auto collisions
each year.)
I had all my mercury fillings removed 10 years ago so I think I just have to
remove the chlorinated organo-metallic compounds from my armpits and I'm
ready to go.
Bill Bilkovich
Somewhere on the road to California