Using an "Environmentally Safe" Claim

I am performing a peer review for EPA where a vendor is using a claim of
"environmentally safe."  They are using two solvents in water (perhaps not
at the same time and at a 20% concentration) for cleaning purposes.  The
cleaning is performed at 60 to 65 degrees C and the material is dried at
100 degrees C.  I am worried about possible worker health and safety
effects in a poorly ventillated work space.  I want to know:

1.  Are there any well-known health effects associated with these chemicals
under such a use?

2.  What studies should the vendor perform to use the "environmentally-safe
claim?

The chemicals are as follows:

1.  Diethylene glycol n-Butyl Ether also known as:  Butyl Carbitol;
Diethylene Glycol monobutyl ether; 2-(2-Butoxyethoxy) Ethanol; and solvent 900

2.  1-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidinone.

My comments are due by January 21.  Would be interested if anyone has
recommended similar substitutions.  Thank you.

Bob

Dr. Robert B. Pojasek
Pojasek & Associates
P.O. Box 1333