Autoclave Emissions

Hi everyone,

I have a client who is seeking information on Autoclave emissions.  California does use llandfilling and autoclaving as methods to dispose of hospital waste.  We are interested in any information on emissions from autoclaves,

Has anyone looked into mercury and its effects when it gets into an autoclave, and if technicians have been exposed to mercury when the autoclave door is opened?

Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Joel Blood
jblood@dtsc.ca.gov

Western Regional P2