RE: screw machine shops

1). If the solvent is haz before it is used, the waste is probably haz.  If
the solvent is not haz and the metals being cut have a RCRA metal alloyed,
then it could leach out.  Lead is a common alloy to improve the
machinability of the metal.  Zinc works also but is usually more expensive.
Very specific tin alloys are reported to be as good or better than lead and
are reported to be cheaper.

Steve Hillenbrand
Tennessee Valley Authority
400 West Summit Hill Drive