FW: screw machine shops

Based on my experiance in Minnesota:
1. If the solvent used is not inherently hazardous based on flash point or listing, the waste has generally been non hazardous.
The main exceptions being the machining or grinding of leaded steel stock and some molten salt heat treating where you can get barium in the waste.  However the high flash solvent can be difficult to deal with as a waste - sometimes it can be managed as a waste oil, sometimes it can be burned as fuel (AQ staff take a generally dim view of burning waste materials here), but many times it is handled by the same facilities as hazardous waste - just with no manifest.
2.  No experience with this.
3.  chip wringing to remove and preferably recover coolants and oils
	2 stage solvent cleaning
	evaporative lubricants
	aqueous cleaning
	filtration or distillation to recycle - distillation work well on oil if the oils can be reused from the still bottoms