Used X-Ray Developer

Dear P2 Folks,

Our Farm*A*Syst and Home*A*Syst programs are expanding pollution prevention
efforts to go beyond farms and homes.  One of our contacts in Kansas who
works in the NPS program received a call from a vet clinic. The clinic is
served by a septic tank lateral field. They have recently purchased the
x-ray machine and are in need of changing the developer and fixer. The
caller  wants to know how it should be disposed.
They would dispose about 2 gallons of developer and 2 gallons of fixer each
month.

There is concern that this should probably treated as a small quantity
generator hazardous waste or
something to be picked up by a waste collector.

Any ideas for handling this?

Richard

Richard Castelnuovo
Farm*A*Syst/Home*A*Syst