Re: VOC Safe Windshield Wash -Reply

Bill,
I checked out the K-Mart product, VOC Safe Windshield Wiper Solution.  It does not meet the freezing temperature criteria.
Thanks for your input.

Western Regional P2
Information Clearinghouse
(800) 700-5854
(fax)  (916) 327-4494
c/o DTSC/OPPTD
P.O. Box 806,
Sacramento, CA 95812-0806

>>> "Bill Quinn" <Quinn.Bill@ev.state.az.us> 01/25/00 12:43PM >>>
Leo Lujan,

Per your recent post:

I came across a product (by looking in my own garage) that may be of interest. Here is what it said on the label:

Penske Car Care
VOC Safe Formula
Windshield Wash
Sold at Kmart-call 1-800-866-0086 for the nearest Kmart location.

"Penske VOC Safe Formula Winshield Wash is a low toxin Washing Solvent that is chemically engineered to protect the environment, annihilate bugs, clean windows crystal clear and freshen the inside of your vehicle."

Contains Propylene Glycol (CAS #57-55-6)

I have not tried to freshen the inside of my vehicle with it yet.

Bill Quinn
Az DEQ
Pollution Prevention Unit
Phoenix, AZ