Re: DF2000

Just quickly (I gotta run), DF2000 is a petroleum-based solvent.  A good
person to contact for more information about it is Katy Wolfe at the
Institute for Research and Technical Assistance in LA 310-453-0450.  She's
a good resource on the pros and cons of all of the dry cleaning solvent
alternatives.  Also, you might want to consider requesting US EPA's Design
for the Environment publication "Cleaner Technologies Substitutes
Assessment: Professional Fabricare Processes" EPA 744-B-98-001, June 1998
(to order call them at 202-260-1023).  It summarizes lots of studies of
alternative solvents regarding risks and expsoure impacts as well as
performance.

Susan Blachman
EFC9
sblachma@csuhayward.edu

working for cleaner communities and cleaner business
by helping achieve environmental goals and compliance