Re: Methane Chloride Recovery from Used Paint

I believe you are referrring to methylene chloride( MC), a solvent commonly used
in cold paint strippers.   MC is very volatile and boils around 103F, slightly
above normal body temperature.  I doubt if much remains in the removed paint to
make recovery worthwhile.  However,  it can be removed with a recovery device,
but I believe the the the dried remains are still hazardous.
FYI, a recent OSHA reg that focuses on MC in various industrial uses has set an
exposure limit of 25 ppm for MC and requires medical monitoring if levels reach
12.5 ppm.