Vehicle washing

Hi all,

Can anyone shed light or share experiences on approaches, regulatory or
otherwise, for controlling discharges from vehicle washing operations?

This would include everything from car washes to car dealers, fleet
operators, auto body repair shops, and highway and public works depts.

I know there is lots of BMP info out there for such groups, but I'm more
interested in who is reaching out to them and how.  Are there jurisdictions
that write permits for such facilities?  What kind of permitting mechanisms
are used?

Also, where is rinsate from these operations most likely discharged? To a
storm sewer? Sanitary sewer?

If there is interest I will compile any responses and post back to the list.

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff Cantin

Eastern Research Group 		www.erg.com
|______|_|  \_\\_____| 		Lexington, MA 02424-3136