Re: Selenium

Selenium is sometimes found in the water supply.  It can also reach the
sewer system from infiltration or inflow through selenium-contaminated
soils.  Although it is in a few products (e.g., Selsun blue dandruff
shampoo), a quick (not thorough) study done by the City of Palo Alto
when it had a selenium problem in its sewer system didn't find any
obvious sources that would have been sigificant enough to cause a
compliance problem.
Kelly Moran
TDC Environmental
www.tdcenvironmental.com