Fees & p2 --- reply

Dear Kathy and P2'ers:

The Department of Energy faced the same issue described in your note and in
January 1995 published a study that estimated all costs for waste disposal,
including labor, handling, packaging, transportation, etc. While the study
was developed for DOE operations, it does give an excellent overview of all
the costs associated with waste management. The study includes not only solid
and hazardous wastes, but also more "exotic" wastes (various radioactive,
mixed, etc) not found in typical commercial or industrial operations.

The study has  been cleared for public release and is available from Chris
Ischay at the Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory. Call
208-526-4382.

Ask for: INEL-94/0205, "Avoidable Waste Management Costs," January 1995.

Mark Boylan
General Manager
WASTREN, Inc
22 Executive Park Court