Reuse of credit-type cards

Hello and greetings from Montana!

A local university has a problem that I would like your help in solving.
The university generates a lot of plastic identification cards for their
students, staff, etc, that eventually becomes a waste. The card look like a
credit card but it has the student's picture on it and social security
number, and a magnetic stripe on the back. My client would like to find a
way of reusing them or recycling them.  So far I have come up empty-handed.
Totally getting away from the use of these cards is, unfortunately, not an
option right now.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you would have for reusing or
recycling these cards.

Thanks for your help!

Lara Dando
MT P2 Program
____________________________________

Lara Dando
Montana Pollution Prevention and Solid Waste Programs
Montana State University Extension Service
PO Box 173580, 314 Taylor Hall
Bozeman, MT 59717-3580
(406) 994-3451/(888) MSU-MTP2 (toll-free in MT)
Fax: (406) 994-5417
http://www.montana.edu/wwwated
http://www.montana.edu/wwwp2er
uedld@montana.edu