Re: glass bottles

Bob: Unless you have been there, I would start with the Glass Packaging Institute. They are at http://www.gpi.org. It may take a  little digging to get down to the detail level that you want. Believe that they list company members and you should be able to go directly to them.

Hope this help!

Bob Lanphear
Western Regional P2
Information Clearinghouse
%DTSC/OPPTD
P.O. Box 806
Sacramento, CA 95812-0806
800-700-5854
(fx) (916) 327-4494
rlanphear@dtsc.ca.gov

>>> "Bob Pagan" <r.pagan@mailbox.uq.edu.au> 02/08/00 08:15PM >>>
Does anyone have any good info for any kind of source reduction, best
management practice, recycling, recovery and pollution prevention for a
glass bottle manufacturing operation. The company is already doing a lot,
especially with regards to recycling and on-site recovery, but we would
appreciate any help.

Thanks for any leads.

Bob Pagan

R Pagan
UNEP Cleaner Production in Food Industry Working Group
Environmental Management Centre
Dept of Geographical Sciences and Planning
The University of Queensland
Brisbane Queensland 4072
Tel 61 7 3365 1594
Fax 61 7 3365 6083