hospital waste composition

Hi everyone

I am looking for data on the composition of hospital wastes (weight percent).
The data I have is dated (1990) and I am requesting the same type of data but
more up-to-date.  What I have is from an Ontario hospital and it is estimated
that the average Canadian hospital produces 5.5 Kg/bed/day.  It is broken down
into the following categories: paper (45%),  misc (5%), biomedical (5%), wood
(3%), metal (2%), food (17%), glass (3%), plastic (14%) and liquids (5%).

Does anyone have the same type of stats but more recent than 1990?  I am
interested in figures for similar catergories and also for how much waste
(kg or pounds) a hospital produces per bed per day.

Any leads would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Deb Foster
Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention
100 Charlotte Street
Sarnia, ON  N7T 4R2
519-337-3423
Fax: 519-337-3486