Tertiary Butyl Acetate

We are investigating Tertiary-Butyl Acetate as a replacement for current
hand wipe & paint prep techniques such as MEK.  Apparently, the EPA is
looking into delisting it as a VOC, but I have not been able to find any
technical data concerning this solvent.  We're also exploring other possible
substitutions as this could be a replacement for VOCs in paints thereby
reducing our VOC emissions at the depots and field units.

I have exhausted all the common solvent databases from the EPA and the DOD,
but have come up empty handed.  If anyone has any information concerning
this solvent, please reply.  Thanks!

Tim Provens
Environmental Engineer, USAF
WPAFB, Ohio