Re: Tertiary Butyl Acetate

At 15:04 00-02-14 -0500, you wrote:

>We are investigating Tertiary-Butyl Acetate as a replacement for current
>hand wipe & paint prep techniques such as MEK.  Apparently, the EPA is
>looking into delisting it as a VOC, but I have not been able to find any
>technical data concerning this solvent.  We're also exploring other possible
>substitutions as this could be a replacement for VOCs in paints thereby
>reducing our VOC emissions at the depots and field units.
>
>I have exhausted all the common solvent databases from the EPA and the DOD,
>but have come up empty handed.  If anyone has any information concerning
>this solvent, please reply.  Thanks!
>
>Tim Provens
>Environmental Engineer, USAF
>WPAFB, Ohio

Tim,

Try typing t-Butyl Acetate (or its CAS No.: 540-88-5) in the Chemfinder Web
site at :

http://chemfinder.camsoft.com/

Try also HSDB (Hazardous Substances Data Bank) at :

http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/sis1/

Denis Begin, M.Sc.
Research Assistant
University of Montreal
Dept. of Occupational and Environmetal Health
PO Box 6128, Main Station
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7

Tel : 514-343-2170
Fax : 514-343-2200