hospital waste

Hi Deb:
I sent your request out to the Heathcare without Harm list serve.  Below is
a response I received from a consultant with Litenin Env. Response.
  E-mail liteninER@aol.com
Hope this helps somewhat.

Sincerley,
Catherine Zimmer
MNTAP
Mpls, MN  USA
612/624-4635

Our average waste is about the same numbers that you sent.  The high
average per bed is about 7.5 lbs/day/bed for biohazardous.  Once we've
implemented our program, we can ususally get them down to around 2.5 to 4
(depending on the hospital's interpretation of the definition of
"biohazardous waste").   The make-up or composition of the general waste
you provided seems about right.
Hope this is helpful!
Regards,
Bill Picard