Romania

Dear Nilel Lazar,

I received the following:

The Romanian students should contact the people listed on the following page
to plug in with the listed US efforts in Romania:

1.Partnership grants: Managed by the Institute of International Education in
cooperation with the CEE Regional Environmental Center in Hungary.
2.Environmental Technology Transfer: Managed by the U.S. Department of
Commerce and USAID Global Technology Network
3.Information technology initiative: Developed and maintained by DevTech
Systems, Inc.

http://www.usembassy.ro/Commercial/EcoLinks.html

Best of luck to our friends in Romania.

Nick
Nicholas.Gill@umb.edu

-----------------

Dear Sirs/Madams,

  We found you on the internet. We are a group of romanian students dedicated
  to solve a little part of poverty and environmental stresses in Romania.
So we
  created a non-profit society, named "Environmental Students Society of
  Romania" (ESSR).
  We made a big action plan, that covers many topics, as follows:
  - environmental science and education for rural schools in Romania;
  - environmental topics ( environmental impact, environmental technology,
  prevention and control of pollution, air/water pollution and quality, global
  climate change, population);
  - environmental health and medicine;
  - environmental legislation and law;
  - ecosystems and ecosystems conservation and restoration (marine, desert,
  riparian, wetland, river);
  - habitat and habitat restoration;
  - forestry and reforestation;
  - wildlife and wildlife conservation (plants, fauna);
  - natural resources management;
  - waste management and recycling;
  - water topics (watershed management, river ecology, fishing and
aquaculture,
  aquatic ecosystems, water and waste water treatment);
  - sustainable agriculture (gardening, green landscaping, soil pollution,
  permaculture, irrigation);
  - earth sciences (geology, meteorology, oceanography, hydrology);
  - energy and renewable energy ( wind, solar, minihydro, geothermal, biomass
  and biogas, ocean, wave, tidal, electric vehicle);
  - sustainable development.
  For now, we need more informations on these domains, in part to make our
  little own library. As you probably know, Romania is still a poor
country, and
  we estimate that it will be very difficult for us, as students, to have
strong
  financial potential to buy all informations we will need.
  So, if you can consider this as an interesting idea, we welcome any
  documents, technical, educational or commercial,in printed or electronic
  version.
  Also, we can reward your availability to help us with services as free
promotion
  and advertising in our electronic sectorial newsletters, which will be
sent to
  you freely and automatically. In other hand, we want to collaborate with any
  organisations or other societies or companies in our possible future
programs.
  Please contact us if you have questions.
  We want to thank you in advance for your support and help and please receive
  best wishes from us.
  With compliments,
  Ninel Lazar
  President
  Environmental Students Society of Romania
  ==================
Our complete postal address is:
 Ninel Lazar,
  ESS Romania,