P2 Template Discussion Forum

The NPPR Research and Technology Tranfer (R&TT) Workgroup is hosting a
pollution prevention technology transfer forum on the first day of NPPR's
spring conference on Tuesday, March 21, 2000, 1-4 pm in Boston.  This
session entitled, "Pollution Prevention Template" will showcase recent
efforts by NPPR's R&TT workgroup and the U.S. EPA to improve diffusion of
information about pollution prevention technologies among the states and
potential end users.  You will hear about a new tool for standardizing the
way information about pollution prevention technologeis is gathered and
portrayed, and about how the tool has worked in describing innovative
process manufacturing technologies.  Most important, we want to hear
feedback from you on how the tool might work in your state or program.

You can sign up for this free technology transfer discussion forum by
checking the box on the NPPR registration brochure, or calling Mihcele at
the NPPR office at 202-466-7272 if you have already registered. The
following agenda will provide you with more information on the content and
speakers for the forum.  If you would like to see the P2 Template products
developed to date, reply to this message or e-mail me at
mccom003@tc.umn.edu.

SESSION TITLE
Tuesday, March 21
1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Boston Park Plaza Hotel

AGENDA

1:00	Introduction and NPPR Context Cindy McComas, Co Chair, NPPR Research
and Technology Transfer Workgroup

1:15	Origin and Structure of Template Abby Swain, Assistance and Pollution
Prevention Program, EPA Region I Larry Cohen, Project Manager, Stone &
Webster Environmental Technology & Services

1:45	Analyses and Field Experience:  MA STEP's Captive Technologies Project
and the Serec and Zero Discharge Technologies Analyses Paul Richard,
Coordinator, Massachusetts Strategic Envirotechnology Partnership Jennifer
Griffith, NEWMOA (Representative, Serec Corporation)

2:05	BREAK

3:00	State and EPA Action on the Template Beyond NPPR Paul Richard,
Coordinator, Massachusetts Strategic Envirotechnology Partnership Abby
Swaine, Assistance and Pollution Prevention Program, EPA Region I

3:10	Feedback and Opportunities Jennifer Griffith, NEWMOA, facilitating

3:55	Wrap-Up Cindy McComas, Co-Chair, NPPR Research and Technology Transfer
Workgroup Paul Richard, Coordinator, Massachusetts Strategic
Envirotechnology Partnership

Cindy McComas, Director
MnTAP
University of Minnesota Gateway