Re: P2 for paint shops

Dan - EPA has a Design for the Environment (DfE) Auto Refinish Project.  We are
working with partner auto body shops in Philadelphia to identify and encourage
shops to adopt  best practices and technologies that reduce risk and prevent
pollution in the shop and surrounding community.   We have some background
information on our web site (www.epa.gov/dfe/autobody/autobody.html).  We are
also working with the Coordinating Committee for Auto Repair
(www.ccar-greenlink.org) to develop a virtual auto body web site (paint mixing
room and spray booth) with accompanying resource materials on  health &
environmental concerns, best practices, innovative technologies, personal
protective equipment, pollution prevention, etc.    A number of states have
developed very informative materials on waste minimization and VOC reduction,
and we hope to include these materials also.
-Mary Cushmac
EPA Design for the Environment Branch (7406)
U.S. EPA, Washington, D.C. 20460  (202) 260-4443

dnwebste@mines.edu on 03/02/2000 12:06:54 PM

Please respond to dnwebste@mines.edu