innovative building technologies and funding

Hello P2Tech-ers,

We are trying to compiling information on a pretty interesting topic:  building technologies.  More specifically, we are trying to find out what information is available on financial incentive programs, other than tax credits, that support the adoption of building technologies with P2, &/or other environmental benefits, (possibly including energy efficiency), that are not well known &/or face capital cost barriers.  Any information that can be provided on the programs themselves (if there are any out there), criteria used, and type of activities supported would be greatly appreciated.

If you are wondering what I mean by "innovative building technologies" the best way I can answer that is with an example - roof top gardens is one that comes to mind.  I'm sure that there are at least other examples out there, and I'll be happy to compile the responses I get from this and other list serves to let you all know what the scoop is.  As always, I've already checked out the archives (not a whole lot there), so there's no need to repeat a message.  Thanks a bunch.

cmd

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catherine M. Dickerson
Technical Lead
Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center
1326 Fifth Avenue, Suite 650
Seattle, WA 98101
Phone:  206-223-1151
Fax:  206-223-1165