From: "Jenna Latt" <LATTJ@state.mi.us> on 03/15/2000 04:35 PM GMT

Please respond to "Jenna Latt" <LATTJ@state.mi.us>

To:   p2tech@great-lakes.net
cc:    (bcc: Lois Epstein)
Subject:  Measuring pollution prevention performance: metrics

I was wondering whether anyone have information on corporate or state
programs that are measuring pollution prevention progress or performance.
Usually this is referred to as environmental performance indicators or
metrics and goes beyond the traditional SARA TRI data reporting, "pounds
released" or emissions reporting. For example, measurements used can be
"amount of constituent reduced per amount of product produced," or some
other similar metrics. I am particularly interested in what state programs
are doing in this area.
Are there any websites or reports (specifically report names) I can be
referred to? I have already checked www.epa.gov and the EPA P2 site but I
may have missed a particular report.
Thanks,
Jenna Latt